1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI -...
1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI -...
1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI - PALERMO
1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI - PALERMO

1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI - PALERMO

8796
In Stock
€35.00
Tax included Shipping excluded

1969 - BANCO DI SICILIA - 20 OBBLIGAZIONI - PALERMO

Costituita con D.L.L. 28 dicembre 1944

100% secure payments

Description

The Banco di Sicilia was one of the oldest credit institutions in Italy. In 2010 it merged into Unicredit.

The bench was founded in 1849 with the unification of the Cassa di Corte of Palermo and the Cassa di Corte of Messina, separated from the Banco delle Due Sicilie following the revolutionary revolts of 1848-1849, with the name of Banco Regio dei Reali Domini beyond the lighthouse.

It takes its current name in 1860 following the unification of Italy.

Issuing bank

In 1867, in the now unified Italy, it was recognized by law as an issuing institution, a function that it will maintain until the 1926 banking reform. These were the years (1862-1893) in which the Bank was led by Emanuele Notarbartolo. Between 1873 and 1893 the Bank was a member of the compulsory Consortium of the issuing institutions.

In 1870 the Bank was authorized by the government to open new branches, both in Sicily (Catania, Agrigento, Trapani, Syracuse and Caltanissetta) and in the peninsula (Naples, Florence, Genoa and Turin). Subsequently many other branches were opened making it become one of the main national credit institutions.

In the first decade of the 1900s the Bank imposed itself in terms of economic power through the establishment of the agricultural credit section, which came into force with the law of March 29, 1906, and of the Cassa di Risparmio of the same Bank, to collect the deposits of the small Sicilian savers.

Since 1923 the Cassa has also the possibility of extending its activity abroad, so that, shortly thereafter, the Trust Company Bank of Sicily is founded in New York.

With the banking reform of 1926, the Bank lost the right to issue, but obtained the status of a "credit institution under public law".

Between 1927 and 1958 the special sections of mining, industrial, land and public works credit were born, which were combined with those for agricultural credit (established in 1883).

Banco di Sicilia was also active in Europe in the 1970s and 1980s with branches in London, Frankfurt am Main, Copenhagen and Paris, in the USA in New York and in the Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi.

Joint-stock company

With the 1990 reform it becomes a joint-stock company owned by the bank foundation of the same name. The nineties will be marked by a heavy process of reorganization and reorganization to free the institution from the excessive incidence of bank bad debts and high operating costs. The Banco is recapitalized, with a significant entry into the share capital, by the Sicilian Region in 1992 and in 1997 acquires the assets and liabilities of the other bank of the Region, the Cassa Centrale di Risparmio Vittorio Emanuele for the Sicilian provinces, in liquidation. Also in 1997, Mediocredito Centrale, an investment bank then owned by the Treasury, entered the capital.

Privatization

With the privatization, in 1999, of Mediocredito, the Bank became part of the Banca di Roma.

In 2002 the banking group was reorganized: the pre-existing institutions were merged into the Capitalia group. Banking activities are transferred to Banco di Sicilia S.p.A., 100% controlled by Capitalia S.p.A.

The Capitalia-Unicredit merger, which became operational on 1 October 2007, led to a new strategy. The new group in Sicily was thus present with the Banco di Sicilia brand, which brought together all of the Unicredit Banca, Banca di Roma and Bipop Carire branches on the island, for a total of over 500 branches. In turn, the Banco di Sicilia branches in the North were highlighted as UniCredit Banca, while those in the Center and South as Unicredit Banca di Roma.

incorporation

From 1 November 2010 the Banco di Sicilia, as well as Unicredit Banca and Unicredit Banca di Roma, was incorporated into the parent company Unicredit, thus giving rise to the group's single bank project. The BdS therefore remains exclusively as a trademark for Unicredit agencies operating in Sicily.

Directors

Among the general managers of the institute there were figures of the economy, finance and politics. Then the positions of director and president overlapped. Among these Emanuele Notarbartolo who held the bank from 1876 to 1890, who was replaced by the honorable Luigi Nervo. Then the senator Giulio Benso followed the duke of Verdura [3]. In the 20's of the 20th century director was Ignazio Mormino, in the 30's Salvatore Badami. In 1968 Francesco Bignardi [4].

Presidents

In the 1900s presidents included Giuseppe Dell'Oro, Carlo Bazan (1951-1964), Ciro de Martino, Giannino Parravicini (1979-1991), Gianfranco Imperatori, Salvatore Mancuso, Alfio Noto, Ivan Lo Bello.

 

 

Product Details

Place of issue
Palermo
Year of issue
1969
Nation of issue
Italia
Printer name
STADERINI CARTE VALORI - ROMA
Reference
IL DIRETTORE DI SEZIONE, IL PRESIDENTE, IL CASSIERE
Rarity Index
R2
Quotation Index
S2
Dimension
24x32
scripofilia

Reviews (0)

No reviews
Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.