• -€10.00
1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100...
1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100...
1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100 FRANCHI PORTATORE - PARIGI
1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100 FRANCHI PORTATORE - PARIGI

1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100 FRANCHI PORTATORE - PARIGI

10478
In Stock
€79.00 Our previous price €89.00 -€10.00
Tax included Shipping excluded

1906 - CASINO' MUNICIPALE DI SAN REMO - 100 FRANCHI PORTATORE - PARIGI

AZIONE DA 100 FRANCHI AL PORTATORE EMESSA A PARIGI IL 25 OTTOBRE 1906

Description

The Municipal Casino is one of the three Italian gambling houses. It is based in the city of Sanremo, in an Art Nouveau building designed by the French architect Eugène Ferret.

It was inaugurated on January 12, 1905 at the time of the mayor Augusto Mombello with the name of Kurzal. During one of the most important first evenings, dr. Andrea Fileti was assassinated in suspicious circumstances. Managed for the first two years by the Parisian architect Eugene Ferret, it was a theater where parties, receptions, shows and concerts were organized. Inside it gambling was practiced, as indeed happened in most tourist cities, but without any official authorization, only with the placet of the local administrations. The first croupiers to operate inside the gambling house came from Ostend, Belgium, where a renowned school existed.

In 1927 the engineer Pietro Agosti was appointed podestà of the city of Sanremo who, with a long weaving job, also requesting the direct intervention of Benito Mussolini obtained the Royal Decree of 22 December 1927: it officially sanctioned the birth of the Casino of Sanremo where you can legally play the game of chance. The Sanremo Casino officially opened its doors on January 21, 1928 with an inaugural gala evening. In the meantime, the concession had been officially entrusted to the Sanremo Municipal Casino of Sanremo directed by Luigi De Santis.

An assembly was immediately organized which decided to expand the premises by creating two new wings, the interior design of the 16th-century hall and the two side domes visible on the facade. Numerous collateral activities took place within it, such as the International Chess Tournament of San Remo which took place in 1930.

From 1913 the Casino also had its tramway connection: the stop of the Ospedaletti-Sanremo-Taggia tramway, located in front of the building, was equipped with a doubling track which sometimes served, in the evening, as a terminus for special dedicated services.

On April 14, 1934 the company officially changed its name to the anonymous tourist initiative (SAIT). In October of the same year, due to the death of Cavalier De Santis, the shares passed to his wife Maria Strambini who in the early months of 1935 sold them to cavalier Angelo Belloni who took over the management

In June 1940 it was closed by decree of the Ministry of the Interior because of the war. Reopened after the conflict.

After the years of the conflict, the casino officially reopened on the evening of December 31, 1945. In the spring of 1948 the concessionary company CIRT (Italian Company for Tourism Reconstruction) was ousted, so the Ministry of the Interior on February 25, 1948 commissioned the casino with the prefect. Omodeo Salè, who managed to fix the situation that had previously gotten out of hand. Alongside the normal management of the casino, many social evenings that once again attracted the post-war clientele to Sanremo. At the end of 1949 the tender saw a new dealer from the gambling house, the commendator Pier Busseti.

On January 29, 1951, the first edition of the Sanremo Festival presented by Nunzio Filogamo took place in the Festival Hall. The casino was the site of the Italian Song Festival continuously from 1951 to 1976; in 1977 he moved to the Ariston Theater.

On February 19, 1953, following the death of Commendator Pier Busseti, the casino concession was entrusted to the ATA company of the Milanese industrialist, as well as president of Inter, Carlo Masseroni. In January 1959 the ATA meeting was taken by the lawyer Luigi Bertolini, owner of the Reale hotel. During the management Bertolini broke a scandal of bribes that overwhelmed the municipal administration, including the mayor Viale. On February 16, 1969 the casino was commissioned. In the summer of 1972 a second scandal broke out relating to the disappearance of about two billion lire a year, so, the public management of the casino between various scandals practically failed, in 1981 it was entrusted again to private individuals for a short time. On 1 December 2001 the Casinò Spa company was established, which still manages the gambling house, with a board of directors.

Product Details

Place of issue
San remo
Year of issue
1906
Nation of issue
Francia
Italia
scripofilia

Reviews (0)

No reviews
Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.